The practice was founded in 1954 by John Crooks. Mr Crooks came from working with `James Herriot’ and brought a medicine bottle full of the “Skeldale” air to infuse the atmosphere of his new practice at 28 Norwood, close to the centre of the thriving market town of Beverley.
We have remained at the same premises but behind the original frontage much has changed. Over time we have evolved from a traditional mixed practice to now mainly providing a high quality first opinion service with a wide range of diagnostic and surgical equipment plus hospitalisation facilities for the pets of Beverley and the surrounding area.
For your convenience we run a mix of appointments and open clinics 7 days a week.
In these times of globalisation and corporate takeovers we remain fiercely independent. We work with our colleagues at Wicstun Vet Group to extend the range of services we can offer.
We are accredited by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons who audit our procedures and facilities.