Dogstival is All Paws GO This September
This article is sponsored by Dogstival, but all our tail-wagging excitement is completely independent.
After a rollercoaster few months of crossing paws, top doggy festival Dogstival is preparing to go ahead this September.
It will be the ultimate treat for all the furry festival-goers and top dogs who helped get their humans through the pandemic.
New Dogstival Location and Date
This two-day extravaganza of four-legged fun will once again take place in the heart of doggy paradise, the New Forest, on the new dates of Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th September and in the new location of Burley Park.
For everyone’s safety and reassurance, Dogstival’s organisers are working closely with New Forest District Council and Hampshire Police on plans, risk assessments and guidelines.
Burley Park itself offers acres of space to explore, allowing easy social distancing. There will be plenty of extra hygiene measures in place including multiple hand sanitiser stations throughout and on-site cleaning teams across both days.
Additionally, tickets are only being sold in-advance to comply with ‘track and trace’ and help manage capacity to ensure social distancing guidelines are met.
Dogstival will once again host canine activities such as shows and demonstrations, giving our canine companions a much-deserved ‘play-rise’ with features such as:
- K9 Aqua Sports Pool and ‘SUP with Pup’, otherwise known as stand-up paddleboarding – advance bookings only via Dogstival.
- Have-a-go at scent work, agility, flyball and working dog scurries with a difference with Government guidelines on handling dogs.
- The Happy Hound Den hosted by TV’s Vet on The Hill and resident vet for This Morning Scott Miller, sharing bountiful knowledge on all manner of dog care.
- The Purely Pets Main Arena hosting a packed-out schedule of displays and shows from traditional working, therapy and assistance dogs from leading UK teams, including the fabulous Rockwood Display Team, as well as a Fun Dog Show open for guests’ entry.
- The Dog House Behavioural Stage, dedicated to helping owners gaining a deeper understanding of their dog’s wellbeing and behaviour.
- Boutique Shopping with around 150 quality stalls selling everything a dog could wish for, as well as Artisan Food & Drink.
- Live Music and a Vintage Fairground will help complete the entertainment.
Dogstival takes place on 5th & 6th September 2020 at Burley Park, New Forest. Tickets are advance purchase only and are priced £13.90 for adults or £8 children aged 6-16yrs. Under 6’s go free. Concessions are available.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit Dogstival.co.uk.
Dog Friendly Places
Looking for places to stay? We’ve sniffed out some of the top dog friendly hotels in the New Forest to rest those sleepy paws – click here to read. For further ideas of things to do, places to stay in the New Forest and general information on Hampshire click here.