Great Doggy Bakeoff Recipe: Banana Bread
Anyone else inspired and motivated to do their own home-baking? Take part in our #greatdoggybakeoff in collaboration with our friends from Doggy Desserts. Not only will it save you from eating your own cakes, but you can treat your furry friends to some home-made treats
How to Get Involved
Every Tuesday night after the new series of the Great British Bakeoff has aired, we’ll be posting a new recipe challenge for you to take part in. The weekly recipe will be posted on our social media channels.
Instagram or Twitter: Tag us @dogfuriendly and @doggydesserts in your post with the #greatdoggybakeoff.
Every week we’ll pick our star baker and at the end of the series, we’ll crown our Great Doggy Bakeoff winner. Plenty of suprises throughout the competition and a big prize for the final winner!
We are not doggy nutritionists and every dog is an individual. What might be good for most might not be good for another. Always tailor each recipe to your own dogs needs and tastes. If you have any questions about your dog’s diet, please contact your vet. If you notice your dog has any adverse reaction to any of the treats stop feeding immediately and contact your vet.
Recipe: Banana Bread
– 350g self-raising wholemeal flour
– 2 eggs
– 1 ripe banana
– 2 tsp honey
– 1 tbsp cinnamon
– 125ml coconut/almond milk
– Coconut oil for greasing
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
2. In a bowl, mash a ripe banana with a fork.
3. Add eggs, almond/coconut milk and honey. Whisk well.
4. In another bowl, add self raising wholemeal flour and cinnamon. Fold in well.
5. Stir the banana mixture in. Mix together until combined.
6. Grease the loaf pan with coconut oil.
7. Pour the mixture in the loaf pan.
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
9. Stick a knife, skewer, or toothpick into the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, the cake is done.
10. Leave to cool on a wire rack before serving