Doggy Sausage Roll Recipe
Baking for your pooch, not only saves you from eating your own cakes, but allows you to treat your furry friends to some new home-made treats.
We all love a sausage roll – it’s a classic British dish, but did you know you can make them for your pooch? This easy to make dog sausage roll recipe will have your dog drooling from ear to tail.
From sausage rolls to Pumpkin Spiced Puppacino. Click here for more tail-wagging dog home baking recipes.
We are not doggy nutritionists and every dog is an individual. What might be good for most might not be good for another dog. Always tailor each recipe to your own dogs needs and tastes. If you have any questions about your dog’s diet, please contact your vet. If you notice your dog has any adverse reaction to any of the treats stop feeding immediately and contact your vet.
Recipe: Sausage Rolls
– Wholemeal Wraps
– 400g 5% Pork Mince
– 1/2 tsp Thyme
– 1/2 tsp Sage
– 1 tsp Parsley
– 2 Eggs
– Alternative fillings could include mashed potatoes, carrots, cheese,
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
2. Place the mince in a large bowl
3. Add all the rest of the ingredients, (apart from 1 Egg) and mix thoroughly
4. Spray a baking tray with some Low Calorie Cooking Spray
5. Divide the sausage meat into small sausage shapes
6. Place the sausages on the baking tray and cook for 15 minutes
7. Remove them from the oven and leave them to cool so they are cool enough to handle
8. Lay a wrap flat and brush all over the the top with the beaten egg
9. Place 2 sausages at one end and roll them up tightly in the wrap
10. Cut in to small sausage rolls.
11. Place the sausage rolls on the baking tray and brush each one with the remaining beaten egg
12. Place them on the prepared baking tray and cook for another 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown
13. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving
This can also be tweaked for a pasty by folding the wrap in half and putting the filling in and crimping the wrap together with a fork.
We love creating human type foods for the dog, and especially love this burger recipe from Gudog. Perhaps a recipe for next years Great Doggy Bakeoff?