How to Make Dog Friendly Pancakes
It’s the FIRST week of the Great Doggy Bake Off and our tails are WAGGING to see you all bake delicious treats for your pooch.
This week we’re kicking things off with a simple three-ingredient favourite. It’s Pancakes! We all love this versatile food, so no doubt your pooches will love it too.
How To Take Part In The Great Doggy Bake Off?
To take part, have-a-go at the weekly recipe, take a photo (before your dog nabs it) and share your marvellous creation (or epic fail) for the world to see.
To be in with a chance of being Star Barker, upload a photo of your Pancakes between 10th-17th November to our Bake Off Facebook group, or tag us via Instagram @dogfuriendly @doggydesserts @burnspet with the hashtag #greatdoggybakeoff.
Please Note: We are not doggy nutritionists and every dog is an individual. What might be good for most might not be good for another. Always tailor each recipe to your own dog’s needs and tastes. If you have any questions about your dog’s diet, please contact your vet. If you notice your dog has any adverse reaction to any of the treats stop feeding immediately and contact your vet.
Recipe: Dog Friendly Pancake Recipe
– 2 Ripe Bananas
– 2 Eggs
– A squirt of Honey
– Coconut Oil or Rapeseed Oil for frying
Opt for raw honey whenever possible, as it will be in its purest form and has not been pasteurised, heated, or processed we love this one from Black Bee Honey supporting British Bees and their Keepers
You may also want to grab a couple of cookie cutters to make some small quirky shaped pancake bites! We love these little bone-shaped stainless steel cookie cutters.
1. Grab your bananas and mash them up in a bowl with a fork with 2 eggs until you have a runny mixture, (don’t worry if there are some lumps, they will still taste great!)
2. Add a squirt of honey to taste and mix it all together.
3. Get your pan ready and set it to medium heat.
4. Grease your pan with coconut oil or rapeseed oil.
5. Pour some of the mixture into a frying pan or greased cookie cutter.
6. Once one side is done, flip them over. If you’re using the cookie cutters be careful, as they will get hot!
7. Once they are ready, transfer them to a plate and leave them to cool before calling your doggy to enjoy a delicious snack.
We are LOVING all your entries for doggy pancakes!