Group Leader LTW Terms and Conditions
Prior to reading this, please make sure you have read the organisers pack. You can request a copy of the organisers pack by emailing [email protected].
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions:
“Group Leader(s)”, “They” and “Their” “Them(selves)” refers to you, the person entering the programme and accepting the Service’s terms and conditions.
“The Service(s)”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to Dog Furiendly.
“Programme” refers to Lead the Way Walks of which Group Leaders are becoming a part of.
“Participants” refers to those who take part in the Lead the Way group walks organised by the Group Leader.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Dog Furiendly has the right to amend these terms and conditions (using reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants)
Submitting a Walk
- All Walks are submitted via an Online Form available here.
- Dog Furiendly reserves the right to decline walks if there are too many group walks taking place regionally in the area, or if a walk has been submitted with very little notice (less than four weeks in advance).
- Group Leaders must be in compliance with all the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
- Group Leaders must have and actively use WhatsApp and email for the purpose of communication.
- Group Leaders must be over the age of 18.
- Group Leaders agree that all information shared with Dog Furiendly is true, accurate, current and complete.
- Group Leaders agree that the Service can send emails or call their personal phone number in regards to their group walks.
- If a submitted walk is successful they will receive a confirmation email with further information, including access to Eventbrite and the Facebook event.
- This agreement will begin upon our acceptance of your group walk submission
The Group Leader Understands and Agrees
- The Group Leader is not an employee, agent, franchisee or partner of The Service.
- A Group Leader is a voluntary position of the Programme and in no way constitutes employment.
- The Group Leader will not receive any financial or other compensation for any walks led, nor for any promotion provided for the group walks through their social media platforms.
- The Group Leader agrees that they cannot sell services on behalf of The Service.
- The Group Leader agrees that any decisions that may affect The Service or The Programme must be run through Dog Furiendly.
- Walks may be canceled or postponed at The Services sole discretion if the number of tickets is not sufficient or if any other external factors affect the quality of the walk. In the event of a canceled walk, Dog Furiendly is unable to offer any compensation for any expenses Group Leaders may have incurred and will not be held liable for any loss, injury or damage caused to any person including themselves, family, friends or pets due to the cancellation of the group walk.
- Group Leaders agree that the Service is not responsible for any loss, expenses, injury or damage caused to any person including themselves, family, friends or pets during their time as a Group Leader on the Programme. Nor is The Service responsible for any loss, expenses, injury or damage to any property or business caused by the Group Leader, the Group Leader’s family, friends or pets during their time as a Group Leader.
- Group Leaders understand, that all Participants adhere to their own terms and conditions when purchasing a free ticket on Eventbrite. These Terms and Conditions state that they are responsible for their own dogs. Group Leaders are not liable for any loss, expenses, injury or damage caused to any Participant, including the Participant’s family, friends or pets during their time as a Group Leader.
- Prior to the walk, you shall complete a safety check-list (risk assessment) as shared in the organisers pack. Please ensure you comply with all policies, procedures and provide the necessary safety announcements. If the venue you have chosen requires permission from the land owners or council, please seek this before adding a walk.
- It is your responsibility to wear appropriate clothing to the walk. Dog Furiendly will not be liable for any injury or
- Deciding whether or not to allow dogs on or off lead is down to your discretion as the Group Leader and must be done in consideration of the Participants of the group, and respect of the venue.
- For the purposes of safety, all Participants attending must present a ticket to the group leader at the time of admission. This is valid for one person and two dogs only and each ticket will includes one goody bag provided by Burns Pet Nutrition. As the Group Leader you reserves the right to refuse someone on arrival, or to dismiss them from the walk.
- You confirm that you are fit and healthy. If you develop any symptoms of any illness that may be contagious to other humans or animals, or if you have any symptoms of a temperature, flu-like symptoms, a sore/dry throat or a persistent cough or any other symptom that is associated with COVID-19. 9. Please cancel this group walk, if you have been in contact with anyone who has had COVID-19 in the last 10 days or had a positive COVID-19 test in the last 10 days.
- It is your responsibility to wear appropriate clothing to the walk. Dog Furiendly will not be liable for any injury or damage caused by inappropriate clothing during the walk.
You and Your Dog
- You agree that you are responsible for your dog and will keep your dog in control at all times.
- You agree to clean up after your dog.
- You confirm that your dog is healthy, fully up to date with all vaccinations, flea and worm treatments, and is in no way a danger to other members of the public.
- If your dog develops any symptoms of any illness that may be contagious to other animals, please do not attend. You may be liable for any damages that may occur to other animals if you do so.
- You agree that your dog is not in season.
- You agree that should any incident occur between you, your dog, other dogs, humans or members of the public that Dog Furiendly will in no way be held responsible or liable for any damage, accident or unforeseen circumstances that may occur as a result of the incident.
- Group Leaders agree to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the highest standard of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of The Service. If a Group Leader does not uphold these standards, and engages in unsafe, illegal, immoral, unsociable or inappropriate behaviour, or if we discover a Group Leader is under police investigation they will be immediately removed and their walk cancelled.
- We’re all in this together. Therefore Group Leaders agree to treat everyone with respect. Conduct themselves in an appropriate manner online and offline in keeping with the reputation of Dog Furiendly. If The Service discovers a Group Leader is bullying someone in the group or disrespecting business partners they will be immediately removed from the pack.
- Group Leaders agree that they will not promise additional discounts to prospective customers unless authorised by The Service.
- Any Group Leader found to be making direct illegitimate sales with potential customers will be immediately removed from the pack, forfeiting any payments for events and may face prosecution.
- Group Leaders agree that they will protect Dog Furiendly’s trademark by not reproducing the name/trademark or any materials for use in advertising without the written approval of The Service.
- Group Leaders agree that they will not work or share information about Dog Furiendly with competitors. If a Group Leader is found to be partaking in this, will be immediately removed from the Pack and may face legal action.
Social Media and GDPR
- Group Leaders agree and grant permission for The Service to repost or use any imagery and/or content on their social media channels, as they see fit. This includes but is not limited to: Marketing material, social media channels, press materials.
- Group Leaders agree to promote and represent The Service on social media with appropriate photos. The Group Leader will contact The Service if a clear understanding of “appropriate” photos is needed.
- Group Leaders opt in and agrees to regular emails related solely to the Programme (more on the GDPR Explorer T&C’s) Group Leaders also opt in and agree to Dog Furiendly using a contact number in case of further communication, a postcode to pinpoint where they are situated geographically and an address to send any products or rewards.
- This agreement will end when terminated by either party. Termination includes, but is not limited to, no further walks being submitted, or being removed from the pack for inappropriate behaviour.
- Dog Furiendly may discontinue the Group Leaders at any time.
- Termination may happen at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party written notice of termination.
- The Group Leader shall not disclose the terms of this Agreement to any third party.
- The Group Leader hereby agrees not to copy, alter, share, use, duplicate, distribute, or adapt any confidential information.
- Confidential information includes, but is not limited to, the following types of private information and other proprietary information of a similar nature regarding Group Leader activities and tasks, upcoming products, events and services that have yet to be announced and other similar information that is proprietary and confidential information of Dog Furiendly.
GDPR Privacy Note
Who Has Access To Data?
Group Leaders information may be shared internally to Staff and Pack Leaders if access to the data is necessary for the application process, mentoring, performance of their role or for the benefit of themselves while acting as a Group Leader.
Group Leader information may be shared with third parties only for the purpose of products, rewards, freebies, prizes and event materials.
How Does Dog Furiendly Protect Data?
Dog Furiendly takes the security of Group Leader data seriously. Dog Furiendly has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that Group Leader data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. It is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties. Where Dog Furiendly engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical measures to ensure the security of data.
How Long Does Dog Furiendly Keep Data For?
Dog Furiendly will hold Group Leaders personal data for the duration of their time running group walks. The data will be discarded safely six months after no further walks have been carried out, or if requested that the information is deleted at a sooner date.
As a data subject, Group Leaders have a number of rights. Group Leaders can:
- Access and obtain a copy of their data on request;
- Require Dog Furiendly to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- Require Dog Furiendly to delete or stop processing their data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- Object to the processing of their data where Dog Furiendly is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If a Group Leader would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Adele Pember – [email protected] – 07807919681. If a Group Leader believes that Dog Furiendly has not complied with their data protection rights, they can complain to the Information Commissioner.
What If You Do Not Provide Data?
Certain information, such as contact details,and in the case of event planners, payment details, have to be provided to enable Dog Furiendly to process the Group Leaders and walks successfully. If they do not provide this information, this will hinder Dog Furiendly’s ability to administer the rights and obligations arising as a result of the Group Leader relationship efficiently.
Terms and Conditions
Dog Furiendly collects and processes personal data relating to Group Leaders to manage the relationship. Dog Furiendly is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
What Information Does Dog Furiendly Collect?
Dog Furiendly collects and processes a range of information about Group Leaders. This includes:
- Their full name, address and contact details, including email address, address, telephone number and gender;
- The Explorer terms and conditions;
- Social Media account handles;
- Dog Furiendly account usernames
- Performance throughout the Programme
Dog Furiendly may collect this information from:
- The application process
- Via email, social media, text or phone conversation;
- From forms completed by the Group Leader submitting a walk
- From correspondence;
- Or through meetings or other assessments/meet ups.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including in their personnel file, in Dog Furiendly’s secure IT systems including Dog Furiendly’s email system, social media accounts and smart-phone.
Why Does Dog Furiendly Process Data?
Dog Furiendly needs to process data to enter into the Group Leaders contract and to meet its obligations under the Terms and Conditions. For example, it needs to process data to provide the Group Leader Terms and Conditions, to pay a Group Leader in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and to administer any benefits a Group Leader may be entitled to throughout the Programme. In some cases, Dog Furiendly may need to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. Dog Furiendly has a legitimate interest in processing personal data before, during and after the end of the Group Leader relationship.
Processing Group Leader data allows Dog Furiendly to:
- Run the Programme process effectively;
- Email updates on the Programme;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and contact details
- Operate and keep a record of Group Leader processes,
- Respond to and defend against legal claims.
Where Dog Furiendly processes other special categories of personal data, such as information about ethnic origin, sexual orientation or religion or belief, this is done for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring. Data that Dog Furiendly uses for these purposes is anonymised or is collected with the express consent of Group Leaders which can be withdrawn at any time. Group Leaders are entirely free to decide whether or not to provide such data.