Lytham hall is an 18th century Georgian country house, a mile from the centre of town set within 80 acres of wooded parkland.
The site and its 80 acres of parkland are of great archaeological interest dating back to the 12th century when it was home to a priory of Benedictine monks. Sir Cuthbert Clifton built a Jacobean Manor House on this site in 1606. Much of the Jacobean building still exists. In 1752 Thomas Clifton commissioned John Carr of York to build the fine palladian house which we see today.