Cheese and Carrot Dog Biscuits Recipe
Baking for your pooch, not only saves you from eating your own cakes, but allows you to treat your furry friends to some new home-made treats.
These easy to make Cheese and Carrot biscuits are both simple to make and drool-worthy for your dogs.
From sausage rolls to Pumpkin Spiced Puppacino. Click here for more tail-wagging dog home baking recipes.
We are not doggy nutritionists and every dog is an individual. What might be good for most might not be good for another dog. Always tailor each recipe to your own dogs needs and tastes. If you have any questions about your dog’s diet, please contact your vet. If you notice your dog has any adverse reaction to any of the treats stop feeding immediately and contact your vet.
Recipe: Cheese and Carrot Biscuits
– 1 carrots shredded
– 100g of cheese
– 200g of whole wheat flour
– 2 tblsp of coconut/olive oil
– 3 tablespoons of water
1. Mix your carrots and cheese together in a large mixing bowl.
2. Then add in the coconut oil, make sure that the cheese and carrots are well coated.
3. Then place the flour into the carrot and cheese mixture and mix well.
4. Add the water to create a more dough-like texture.
5. Cut the dough with dog-related cutters or just pull small balls of the dough out of the mixture and mould them with your hands. (it is usually quite sticky so be prepared!)
6. Place the biscuits onto a lined baking tray and place them in a pre-heated oven (Gas mark 4/170 degrees C) and bake for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
7. Once cooked take them out of the oven and leave to cool, then use as a treat- or if you’d prefer for them to be more dried out, turn the oven off but leave the biscuits in the oven overnight to dry out.
We love to bake biscuits for the pooch, especially biscuits as tasty as this. Our furiends Gudog also have a Beefy Buckwheat biscuit we recommend you try! Perhaps a recipe for next years Great Doggy Bakeoff.